Think of, or write down, the things that make you happy!
Elder Uchtdorf, in his talk Happiness, Your Heritage, asks, "What do you suppose is the greatest kind of happiness possible? For me, the answer to this question is, God’s happiness. Creating and being compassionate are two objectives that contribute to our Heavenly Father’s perfect happiness."
We were created with the purpose and potential of experiencing a fullness of joy.
The purpose of our great voyage on this earth is to seek and experience eternal happiness.
One of the ways we find this is by creating things.
Everyone can create... If you feel you can't create, start small.
- Try to see how many smiles you can create today. (This was my favorite!)
- Write a letter of appreciation.
- Learn a new skill.
- Identify a space and beautify it.
- Allow the spirit to guide you as you create!
Service heals us!
- Sit by someone new and introduce yourself.
- Offer true words of encouragement.
- James Barrie, the author of Peter Pan, said, “Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.”
- Allow the spirit to guide you to help others!
As you create beauty and as you are compassionate to others, God will encircle you in the arms of His love. Discouragement, inadequacy, and weariness will give way to a life of meaning, grace, and fulfillment.